You will be responsible for project delivery in various sectors including Industrial Manufacturing, Hospitality, Oil & Gas, Public Infrastructure, Commercial & Residential Developments and High Rise.
You will manage a growing portfolio of projects and will report directly to the Regional Director Benelux & France.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Ultimate responsibility for the project on site and lead project delivery including setting up project strategy, teams and implementing AECOM project standards and procedures.
- Provide leadership and management for the project teams.
- Direct project teams and manage resource planning process to deliver to client expectations while meeting and/or exceeding profitability targets.
- Monitor financial performance of these projects in line with AECOM financial reporting, project reviews and other mandatory requirements.
- Build and maintain relationships with the various parties involved with the projects especially the Client, Designer, the Contractor(s), other stakeholders such as AECOM corporate, technical advisors, Operator(s), users etc.
- Ensure that appropriate control measures and project systems are in place to monitor, supervise work on site and achieve overall compliance with AECOM Policy and Health and Safety Management Systems.
- Lead continuous improvement on operations delivery and foster for innovation.
- Monitor and report on project team performance and take corrective action as required.
- Support other AECOM Business Lines in Benelux or outside Benelux as required.
- Support business development activity by generating new business with existing and new clients.
- Advise on any trends and developments in the construction market (Benelux area).
- Represent AECOM to (potential) clients, government agencies, (potential) partners and competitors.
For this position we are looking for an energetic, pragmatic and independent Project Director who has experience with end-to-end delivery of large construction projects in a leading role. You are determined, decisive and hold people accountable to project delivery.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Engineering, Architecture or a related field.
- Experience in a Project or Construction Management role (€40M+ projects), preferably within a contracting or engineering firm.
- Commercial awareness.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language.
- Flexibility to travel as needed within Benelux area.
- International experience is an asset.
- Experience with leading D&B / DBFM / EPC / EPCM contracts is an asset.
AECOM is a global network of experts working with clients, communities and colleagues to develop and implement innovative solutions to the world’s most complex challenges.
Delivering clean water and energy. Building iconic skyscrapers. Planning new cities. Restoring damaged environments. Connecting people and economies with roads, bridges, tunnels and transit systems. Designing parks where children play. Helping governments maintain stability and security.
AECOM connects expertise across services, markets, and geographies to deliver transformative outcomes. Worldwide, AECOM designs, builds, finances, operates and manages projects and programs that unlock opportunities, protect our environment and improve people’s lives.
AECOM is an international organisation with approximately 87.000 employees working in over 150 countries and divided over 7 continents.