General Manager Northwest Europe
THE POSITION: GENERAL MANAGER
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, GB/EMEA, you are leading the Northwest Europe region with headquarters in Nijmegen, the Netherlands. Here, the former WISA® company is located, which was acquired by Fluidmaster in 2010.
You are responsible for providing strategic leadership and direction as well as achieving profitable growth and expansion in Northwest Europe.
Your main activities and responsibilities will be:
- Leading, motivating and coaching a team of 50 employees in Nijmegen.
- Driving sales and business development and developing and delivering business operational strategy for Northwest Europe.
- Providing strategic leadership and direction to ensure the sales and operational plan is met.
- Managing the HSE policies to ensure the organisation aligns with best practices, legislation and risk management policy. Acting as organisation lead for liaising with external professional bodies, such as H&S, insurance and environmental agencies.
- Leading operational change and transformation of the office in the Netherlands and ensuring the business model is in line with global strategy.
- Responsible for consolidation of sites, and installation of new sites, including lease negotiations.
- Liaising with external bodies, such as trade unions and works councils, ensuring a structured process in line with the budgeting process is in place.
- Responsible for forecasting, budgeting and profit generation, and working closely with the Finance Director and Sales Director.
- Leading supply chain optimisation and improvements in efficiency, deploying continuous improvement, lean manufacturing and automation methodology.
- Collaborating with the regional Sales and Marketing lead to formalise sales programmes and promotions, to ensure capacity planning.
- Working closely with the regional Engineering & Development and actively contributing to new product innovation and development.
- As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, being an ambassador for Fluidmaster, driving a positive culture and promoting the core values. Attending employee events, local community support and business networking events.
- Experienced in an (international) management role in the B2B industry.
- A track record that shows strong general management, commercial and marketing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal/people skills and a collaborative team player.
- Ability to build first-class relationships across all business locations and with senior stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Thriving in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
- Proficient in the Dutch and English languages. Good command of other European languages is beneficial.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required, including overnight stays, to meet business needs.
Fluidmaster is the number one toilet repair brand in the world. They are a supplier of an extensive range of sanitary solutions, actively sold under the Fluidmaster®, SCHWAB®, WISA® and LIV® brands. Fluidmaster parts are found in more toilets than all other brands combined. As a customer’s first choice and preferred supplier of toilet tank trim, Fluidmaster has been ingeniously engineering the internal flushing mechanisms of toilets for more than half a century. Built on and inspired by an unsurpassed history of innovation, Fluidmaster has become an icon in the plumbing industry. Its reputation for superior quality continues to grow as a retailer, wholesaler and international trade business and OEM partnerships are cultivated, further establishing the company as an innovative leader and global supplier in the toilet care industry.
The popularity of Fluidmaster valves created a springboard for the expansion into related product lines. Today, Fluidmaster markets more than 100 million toilet repair products annually and sells more toilet tank replacement valves than any other manufacturer in the world. In addition to the inaugural fill valve, Fluidmaster’s complete line of toilet repair parts includes flush valves, flappers, tank levers, dual flush valves, bowl wax, toilet repair kits, ballcocks and connectors. Their growing global distribution network reaches more than 80% of the world’s population and spans over 90 countries. With manufacturing facilities across the globe, Fluidmaster is quick to market, quick to manufacture and quick to deliver with unparalleled quality assurance.
Fill in our application form or contact Michiel Drenth.
Fluidmaster works together with JDB to fill this vacancy.