Commercial Director / CCO
The primary goal of your role at Den Breejen: expanding and maintaining the client portfolio, alongside strengthening the ‘Den Breejen’ brand in the passenger ship market. You are the nexus of all interaction with (potential) clients. To fulfil this effectively, you know what is going on, both internally and externally. You have complete control over current projects, from design through delivery.
You have a nose for profitable assignments that fit within the agreed strategy. You initiate, follow up and expand. In addition to contact with existing clients, you also focus on acquiring new clients.
In addition, you are a strong networker. You regularly represent Den Breejen at (international) trade fairs, conferences and events.
- …someone with a completed bachelor's or master's degree, preferably in shipbuilding or mechanical engineering.
- …experienced in the successful commercial management of a shipyard or yacht builder, or another highly comparable production location.
- …skilled in closing complex contracts through contract management knowledge.
- …an individual with a proven track record of passenger ship, yacht, ferry or similar product sales.
- ...familiar with complex project organisation, this is an advantage.
- …strong in building and maintaining internal, and (international) external relationships.
- …a strong, entrepreneurial leader with a pragmatic, practical mindset.
- …someone with a clear command of English and Dutch. German is a plus.
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Den Breejen Shipyard, a Dutch family business, was founded in 1947 and has since been based in Hardinxveld-Giessendam. With years of experience and adequate response to innovative developments, the company has grown Den Breejen Shipyard has grown into a major player in the inland shipping sector, both for new construction, as well as repair and refit. Specialisation in the construction of river cruise ships has led to higher international brand recognition over the past 20 years.