Commercial Director Offshore
Marine ingenuity is what sets Van Oord apart. In just two words, they show in the clearest possible terms what they do, how they do it, and what makes them different. A passionate, smart, shrewd, international marine contractor – that is how they see themselves. Van Oord believes in One Team, worldwide.
THE POSITION: COMMERCIAL DIRECTOR OFFSHORE
The Commercial Director Offshore can make a huge difference in the subsea pipe installation and trenching. This line of business requires focussed leadership and entrepreneurial influence. There is fierce competition, hence a strong quality strategy should empower the team internally and encourage clients to choose for Van Oord.
The position is considered to be a valuable addition to the existing MT of Van Oord Offshore. The current management team exists of a Managing Director Offshore (ExCom member), Finance Director, an Engineering Director and a Commercial Director Offshore.
Your main responsibilities:
- Strategise and lead the commercial offshore team in markets and pricing.
- Start the transition from being O&G orientated to a Renewables based offshore Business Unit.
- Acquisition of projects, also together with the Commercial Managers.
- Ensure high quality deliverables to clients compliant with VO pricing models, developed by you.
- Developing new markets.
As experienced Commercial Director Offshore you have an appetite for building strong teams, leading commerce and management of internal and external stakeholders. You have an entrepreneurial drive to contribute to an innovative and leading marine contracting company. You thrive in an environment with a great legacy, yet you are willing to make the right changes to create a better company for next generations to come.
Suitable candidates will have the following profile:
- Seasoned commercial leadership profile within the Offshore industry.
- Understanding of new markets like CCS, hydrogen and FSRU’s is a plus.
- Proven track record in building and implementing new strategies.
- Solution-oriented mindset and ‘continuous improvement’ is your second nature.
- Should fit in a family-owned company, no-nonsense, pragmatic and comfortable in a down-to-earth company culture.
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Residing in the Netherlands or willing to relocate.
ABOUT VAN OORD
Van Oord has a long and varied history in marine engineering, an industry that has its origins in the Netherlands. The company has grown into one of the largest marine engineering companies in the world. Their work is rooted in the Netherlands’ centuries-long battle against water.
Take a look around, in your country and around the world. You may not realise Van Oord was there to redesign your world. The Van Oord vision is to create a better world for future generations by delivering Marine ingenuity. As a global maritime contractor, they focus on dredging, oil & gas infrastructure and offshore wind. Van Oord works safe and closely with their clients and stakeholders to create innovative and sustainable solutions.
The Business Unit Offshore activities are to provide integrated solutions with a focus on the installation, stabilisation and protection of offshore oil and gas infrastructure. The deployment of their in-house specialists and equipment allows them to execute engineering, procurement and construction contracts in the field of landfall construction, shallow water pipeline and cable installation, as well as trenching and backfilling. Van Oord also leads the market in deep-sea rock installation for stabilising and protecting offshore infrastructure.
Fill in our application form or contact Michiel Drenth.
Van Oord works together with JDB to fill this vacancy.